A Party for ALL of our Peeps!
Saturday Aug. 9th, 8:30-4:30
Let’s celebrate all that we have accomplished this year with your help!
Some of the past year’s highlights: • Community volunteers donated more than 2,000 hours of service
• We planted thousands of native trees to bring back the forest
• 180 kids from 7 local schools took science field trips to native forest
• We controlled hundreds of acres of invasive weeds
• 29 families participated in Waimea Nature Camp this summer
• Researchers from UH-Hilo collected data to learn more about Kohala Mountain
Summer Shindig: Plan for the Day 8:30-12:30 Native tree planting on Kohala Mountain – everyone is invited!
12:30-3:30 Barbeque, family games, obstacle courses
3:30- 4:30 Presentations by Teen Leaders; volunteer service awards
Registration and participation are FREE. The KWP crew will be grilling up yummy stuffs to eat, and we will provide drinks and snacks, too. If you can, please bring something to throw on the grill or a dish to share!